Behind the Scenes of “All About That Bass” +
How are skinny girls supposed to feel love when your song is about loving only fat bodies?
I’m sorry, but how are fat girls supposed to feel when every advertisement, be it on television or in a magazine, when nearly every movie, shows only thin women? I am completely against body shaming, but the fact remains that there is very little positive representation for bigger girls. Thin women are considered the norm and are far more accepted and you see them everywhere you look in the media. So please, don’t take this the wrong way, but please just let me have a song that makes me, for once, feel good about my body.
ive also noticed that people always focus on one particular line of this song which apparently makes it “skinny shaming”
but nobody ever acknowledges the following lines?
the main theme of the song is giving love to larger women because larger women are so commonly shamed for their bodies, ignored by the media and generally given less love and acceptance than thinner women, but the song in its entirety is a message that all women are beautiful. People are failing to acknowledge that
Let’s go home.
I said I was going to wait until a milestone to do this give away, but I just can’t wait! Everything listed has only ever been tried on, never worn. I might throw in a few more things by the time the drawing comes around so it will just be an extra surprise for you.
Here’s what you get:
- Lisa Frank sticker book
- Hello Kitty Flat Wallet
- Nightmare Before Christmas keychain
- Butterfly Necklace
- Turquoise Pendant Necklace
- Revlon Nail Art Appliques
- A Sinful Color nail polish in Faceted
- 3 Batman Magic Towels
- Almay liquid eyeliner pen
- Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Frizz Free Curl Mousse
- Black And White Maxi Skirt From Cato’s- Size 26-28
- Swimsuitsforall Floral Suit with side ruffles and convertible straps- Size 22
- Denim and Floral print sleeveless button up top - Size 18-20 (fits larger as well)
- Pink Dress From Old Navy- Size- XXL
- High-Low dress- Size 3X
Here are the rules:
- You must be following me.
- Reblogs and Likes count.
- You may reblog it as much as you’d like.
- Giveaway blogs are not eligible.
- I’ll ship outside of the US, but you may have to wait until I have enough money for shipping.
I’m going to pick a winner randomly on my birthday (September 10!). If you have any questions about anything, my ask box is always open. Reblog and good luck, beautiful people!!!